RSS Feed
TOP

Kimo - My 3 month old Kitten

Cat Kitten

My Affable Kitten, KIMO

KIMO is about 3 months now - a mix offspring, half Persian. Not sure of the father’s breed though because I forgot to ask the previous owner. It has medium length hair though I wish he had been short haired. Anyway, can’t be really choosy because it has not been easy for me to get a kitten here in Damascus. No doubt there are many street cats roaming around the vicinity that I live, I have never come across a kitten. My preference for a kitten is to ensure that it could be easily litter trained as compared to an adult cat. Actually I had bought a white Persian kitten (named SUKI – original name given by the pet shop owner) from a pet shop in November 2008 but she died due to stomach complications (according to the veterinarian).

continue for more & enjoy the pictures....
[]

After that bad experience, I decided to get one from the veterinarian and not from a shop. I was fortunate when one day the veterinarian called to inform that one of his regular clients was looking for someone to adopt her kittens because she has one too many (8 altogether). Visited the lady and once she was satisfied that I am a cat-loving person, she hand over KIMO to me. It was quite alarming to me when she first told me that her cats are used to eating chicken broil/soup, cheese and eggs and just wonder if KIMO could adapt to a different lifestyle and in a new home, away from the comfort of his parents and siblings.

Well, after three weeks, KIMO is adapting fine to the new environment. Very playful and likes to wander around the apartment on his own especially when he is left alone in the house. He does not like to be left alone if they are people around. Though he tend to rum away when people try to hold him, he will keep on coming to where people are sitting. KIMO also has a peculiar eating habits whereby he likes to first lick all the syrup that comes along with the can food first and then only later eats the meat. Might be he was used to eating the chicken broil cooked by the previous owner.

Had tough time in convincing him to use the litter box to do his “business” initially but he is doing okay now except that he still occasionally prefers to urinate on my rugs in the bathroom. Hopefully, he will overcome this problem in the long run and not too distant future. Otherwise it will surely bring extra workload to the house helper, having to clean the mess daily.
My Cat - KIMO
My Cat - KIMO
My Cat - KIMO
My Cat - KIMO
My Cat - KIMO
My Cat - KIMO
My Cat - KIMO
My Cat - KIMO

Subscribe



0 comments: